[Elsnet-list] job opening: Zurich: 8923 - Research Scientist NLU

Holtz, Ilona Ilona.Holtz at nuance.com
Thu Jan 17 11:31:56 CET 2013

For our office in Zurich we are currently looking for a full time

Research Scientist Natural Language Understanding
Zurich

As a Research Scientist NLU you will responsible for the development of novel methods for linguistic text analysis, document parsing, and symbolic feature prediction for Text to Speech (TTS). You will be in charge for translation of research results into products. As a research scientist or engineer you will be reporting into the Nuance TTS organization. The successful candidate will join the TTS innovation team in Zurich, Switzerland (other locations negotiable).

Responsibilities.

  *   Investigation and development of novel methods of text analysis and genre classification
  *   Development of new algorithms for syntactic parsing, word disambiguation, language tagging, phrasing prediction, prominence prediction, and natural language generation
  *   Translation of successful new algorithms to the Vocalizer Expressive product line
  *   Collaboration with researchers, software engineers and linguists in the broader TTS team
  *   Support for customer queries and requests
  *   Remain current with latest external research advances
Qualifications

  *   Post doctoral (or equivalent through experience)
  *   Some years of working experience
  *   Proven track record in the application of NLU techniques including reference resolution, semantic tagging, and statistical data analysis
  *   Strong mathematical background and understanding of machine learning techniques
  *   Expert user of NLU software and tools such as OpenNLP and UIMA
Preferred

  *   Strong design-driven coding and scripting skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Python
  *   Experience in setting up linguistic data collection and annotation efforts

Does Nuance speak to you?

Please apply via Email in English and provide earliest start date and salary expectations. Send your application to Ilona Holtz (ilona.holtz at nuance.com) or apply via our homepage
http://jobs.nuance.com/ch/zurich/research-%EF%B9%A0-development-speech-science/jobid3064713-research-scientist-natural-language-understanding-jobs

We offer a competitive compensation package; including full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment.  Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success.  Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.