[Elsnet-list] Job opening NLU in Zurich or Merelbeke
Johan.Wouters at nuance.com
Thu Jan 17 16:16:51 CET 2013
The Nuance TTS R&D team are looking for a full time
Research Scientist - Natural Language Understanding
Zurich or Merelbeke
As a research scientist specialized in Natural Language Understanding you will develop novel methods for linguistic text analysis applied to text-to-speech. Emphasis will be on the development of corpus based statistical methods to improve text normalization, pronunciation prediction, and prosody prediction. Location is preferably Zurich (Switzerland) or Merelbeke (Belgium).
* Development of new algorithms for syntactic parsing, word disambiguation, language tagging, genre classification, phrasing prediction, prominence prediction, and natural language generation
* Translation of successful new algorithms to the Vocalizer Expressive product line
* Collaboration with researchers, software engineers and linguists in the broader TTS team
* Support for customer queries and requests
* Remain current with latest external research advances
* Proven track record in the application of statistical NLU techniques
* Expert user of NLU software and tools such as OpenNLP and UIMA
* Strong mathematical background and understanding of machine learning techniques
* Post doctoral (or equivalent through experience)
* Strong design-driven coding and scripting skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Python
* Experience in setting up linguistic data collection and annotation efforts
Are you interested?
Please contact your recruiter via EMEAjobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAjobs at nuance.com> or the TTS R&D team via Johan.Wouters at nuance.com<mailto:Johan.Wouters at nuance.com>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list