[Elsnet-list] Job opening TTS in Zurich or Merelbeke
Johan.Wouters at nuance.com
Thu Jan 17 16:29:58 CET 2013
The Nuance TTS R&D team are looking for a full time
Research Scientist - Parametric Speech Synthesis
Zurich or Merelbeke
As a research scientist specialized in signal processing and statistical modeling of speech you will develop novel methods for parametric speech generation in the Vocalizer TTS product line. Location is preferably Zurich (Switzerland) or Merelbeke (Belgium).
* Investigation and development of innovative speech synthesis methods such as HMM based synthesis and multi-form models.
* Translation of successful new algorithms into product.
* Collaboration with researchers, software engineers and linguists in the broader TTS team.
* Support for customer queries and requests.
* Remain up-to-date with latest external research advances.
* World-class mathematical background and professional-level programming skills (C,C++)
* Creative thinker and problem solver.
* Thorough machine learning knowledge and experience: HMMs, GMMs, CRFs, etc.
* Thorough understanding of speech analysis and synthesis fundamentals.
* Strong design-driven coding and scripting skills.
* Parallel, distributed and grid computing experience.
* Statistical parametric text-to-speech synthesis knowledge.
* Speaker adaptation using the MLLR / MAP family of techniques.
* Familiarity with software tools such as HTK, HTS, Festival.
* Experience with prosody modeling and labeling.
* Knowledge of linguistics and language modeling techniques is a plus.
Are you interested?
Please contact your recruiter via EMEAjobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAjobs at nuance.com> or the TTS R&D team via Johan.Wouters at nuance.com<mailto:Johan.Wouters at nuance.com>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list