[Elsnet-list] 3rd Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning with Big Data"
gracaninja at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:09:57 CET 2013
Call for Participation
3rd Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning with Big Data"
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language
Processing to attend the 3rd Lisbon Machine Learning School - LxMLS 2013.
* Application Deadline: April 15, 2013
* Decision: May 15, 2013
* Early Registration: June 15, 2013
* Summer School: July 24-31, 2013
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory
to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing
(NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the
necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
LUIS PEDRO COELHO Institute for Molecular Medicine | Portugal
MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações | Portugal
KOBY CRAMMER Technion, Israel Institute of Technogly | Israel
SLAV PETROV Google Inc. | USA
NOAH SMITH Carnegie Mellon University | USA
XAVIER CARRERAS Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA
MILES OSBORNE University of Edinburgh | UK
KEVIN KNIGHT University of Southern California | USA
SEBASTIAN RIEDEL University College London | UK
STEFAN RIEZLER Unversity of Heidelberg | Germany
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/.
To apply, please fill the form in
https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/application-form/. Any questions should be
directed to: lxmls-2013 at lx.it.pt.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2013.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list