[Elsnet-list] Request Publish job roles on website

Myddleton-Jones, Nicki Nicki.MJ at nuance.com
Mon Mar 4 14:00:16 CET 2013

To whom it may concern,

We would like to show the following 7 open job opportunities on your web site.

If you need anything further please let me now.

JOB 1
Job reference - 7938
Job title: Senior Research Engineer
Role type: Permanent

Job location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen or USA - Burlington or Canada - Montreal
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world
Role description:

Work in the Acoustic Modeling Tools group to develop and maintain the existing Acoustic Modeling Training Toolkit. Evolve and improve the Toolkit in the growing Grid computing environment. Work with researchers to implement the cutting edge speech recognition and high performance computing algorithms into the Toolkit.

 Develop and maintain the Acoustic Modeling Toolkit.

- Improve the speed and robustness of the Toolkit.

- Improve the performance of the Toolkit under the Grid computing environment.

- Work with Researchers to implement and/or improve new algorithms in the Toolkit.

- Conduct unit test and performance test to the Toolkit

- Fix bugs and add user requested features.

- Document the Toolkit.

Skills required

.

Experience with C++, Python, and Linux environment. Good communication skills.

OO-Design. Speech Recognition Knowledge. Grid computation knowledge / experience.

Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent.

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB 2
Job reference: 8117
Job title: Language Modeling Researcher
Role type: Permanent

Job location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA - Burlington or Seattle /  Canada - Montreal
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world
Role description

Nuance is looking for LM Researchers to help with rolling out Dragon technology for mobile speech recognition in various applications.

The responsibilities of this position will include gathering and processing of appropriate text data, building and releasing statistical language models, evaluating emerging systems, and assisting with research experiments aimed at iterative improvements. This will be accomplished with the help of existing tools and technologies but will require customizations per application and data source along with the creation of new software.

An LM Researcher will work closely with the LM Research Scientists, LM Linguists and LM Engineers on the team. They will leverage LM Linguist expertise to aid in processing, cleaning and conditioning data to be used for training and updating models. They will use tools provided by LM Engineers for general data processing and model building. The LM Research Scientists will provide guidance on the recipes to use for building models, variations that need to be evaluated and related experiments that need to be run and analyzed. It is expected that over time, LM Researchers will gain intuition in proper experiment design and that provided research specifications will require less fleshing out. Additionally they will gradually gain expertise in using our modeling toolkit.

An LM Researcher will be working predominantly in a Linux environment making use of command line tools. They will create new scripts for processing data and for gluing together existing tool

Skills and experience required

The qualified candidate should strong working in a UNIX/Linux environment and solid scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python).

The candidate must be well-organized and responsible and capable of working efficiently as part of a group and independently with only moderate supervision.

Working knowledge of C/C++ is a plus.

Candidates should minimally have a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; a master's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent industry experience preferred.

A background, courses, and/or knowledge in the fields of statistics, machine learning, speech, corpus processing and/or linguistics are helpful.

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB 3

Job reference : 8155

Job title:  Senior Research Scientist
Role type: Permanent

Job location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA - Burlington  /  Canada - Montreal

Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world

Role responsibilities:
*       Establish and tune acoustic models and recognition systems for multiple languages and customers
*       Use, improve and create research tools to assess, update and optimize acoustic models and speech recognition systems
*       Formulate algorithms, design and carry out experiments to verify them
*       Evaluate and develop different acoustic modeling techniques to optimize acoustic modeling strategy
*       Provide experimental and theoretical analysis of speech recognition problems
*       Develop research tools to improve internal research work and system performance
*       Document language development process and ensure reproducibility of delivered models
*       Build acoustic models to meet product and customer accuracy and speed requirement on schedule
*       Work with other members in the team to improve the performance of product
*       Follow development in speech recognition to keep our research work state-of-the-art
*       Patent new algorithms and write scientific papers when appropriate
Required Skills:
*       Speech and/or language processing background (in research and/or industry)
*       Good analytical and diagnostic skills
*       Proven programming and scripting skills
*       Experience with C/C++, Python, Perl and Linux environment
Preferred Skills:

  *   Experience in large-scale distributed software development
  *   Experience in speech recognition, ideally acoustic modeling
  *   Interest in languages
*       Strong communication skill
Education:
PhD or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, comp. linguistics, or equivalent

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB 4
Job reference:  8112:
Job title: Senior Research Engineer, Acoustic Modeling Toolkit
Role type: Permanent
Role location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA - Burlington
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world

Role responsibilities:
Develop, evolve, & maintain existing Acoustic Modeling Research Toolkit. Improve on both design and Robustness while supporting users.
*       Work with Research teams to extend the ToolKit to cover new products.
*       Work with Research teams to implement new testing frameworks/recipes/algorithms into the Toolkit.
*       Improve the speed and robustness of the Toolkit in general.
*       Improve the performance of the Toolkit under the Grid computation environment.
*       Conduct unit tests and performance tests to the Toolkit.
*       Fix bugs and support users.
*       Develop & Maintain Toolkit Documentation
Required Skills:
*       3-5 years experience (or PhD and 1-2 years)
*       Solid Computer Skills working in LINUX / UNIX Environments
*       Solid experience with Python & Shell Scripting Languages
*       Minimum of 2 years experience with Python specifically
*       Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills
Preferred Skills:
*       Speech Recognition Knowledge, expecially Search Engine Speech is a big plus
*       Grid Computation and SGE Batch Quenuing System Knowledge or Experience
Educational Requirements:  Master's Degree or Phd in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or equivalent.

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB 5
Job reference:  1-8703:
Role Title:  Linguistic Engineer - French / German - 1 year contract
Role type: contract
Role location: candidates can be based in Merelbeke - Belgium or Burlington USA
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world

Role responsibilities
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries
- Correcting existing dictionary entries
- Phonetic transcription
- Create grammar data files for tokenizing, formatting and NLU
- Serving as a language expert resource for engineers and researchers
- Managing other language consultant contractors

Required Skills:
 LANGUAGE SKILL REQUIREMENTS
     1. English: native or near-native skill
     2. Native or near-native skill in French and/or German and good knowledge of the other language.
     3. Proficiency in other languages is a plus

OTHER REQUIREMENTS
    - A post-graduate degree in computational linguistics
    - Experience with phonetic transcription and the International Phonetic Alphabet
    - Ability to do multitasking and work under the stress of deadlines
    - Ability to work independently
    - Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux (navigating directory structures, copying files, etc.)
    - Familiarity with a text editor (e.g. emacs or vi)
    - Ability to program in a scripting language (e.g. Perl or Python)

Preferred Skills:   Team leadership and/or management experience

Education: A post-graduate degree in computational linguistics

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB 6
Job reference:  9286:
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Job type: Permanent
Job location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA - Burlington  /  Canada - Montreal
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world

Role responsibilities:

*       drive and coordinate r&d activities, topics compise
*       robustness of ASR in distant-talk scenarios
*       distributed ASR on client and on server
*       end-to-end assessment and tuning of distributed spoken dialogue systems
*       robustness of ASR to certain user groups (kids, accents, ...)
*       coordination with engineering teams for getting research innovations into products and deployments
*       roll-out of distant.talk ASR configurations across languages
*       across team coordination of larger scale R&D initiatives
*       analysis of research innovations within and outside the company
*       formulation of inventions towards patent applciations
Required Skills:
*Experience with Linux, Windows, and scripting languages (perl, python, shell, cmd, ...)

*Familiarity with programming languages (java, C/C++, ...)

*Research experience in digital signal processing and/or automatic speech recognition

*Excellent communication skills

Preferred Skills:
*Management exeprience (Project or People, ideally both)

*Familiarity with large compute clusters and parallization

*Fair knowledge of client/server architectures, TCP/IP, HTTP, XML

*Broad knowledge of digital signal processing and automatic speech recognition

Education:
M.S/M.E in Computer Science or Engineer or equivalent required. Ph.D. preferred.

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

JOB  7
Job reference:  9298:
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist
Job type: Permanent
Job location:  Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA - Burlington  /  Canada - Montreal
Company profile: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world

Role responsibilities

* Build acoustic models for Dragon dictation products to meet product accuracy and speed requirement

* Evaluate and develop acoustic modeling algorithms to optimize system performance

* Formulate hypotheses for various problems, design & conduct experiments, and reach conclusions

* Produce training recipes that can work on variety of languages with different degrees of resources/complexity

* Improve processes and tools for training & testing various system components

* Develop new research algorithms & tools to improve internal research processes/workflows

* Produce innovative solutions to challenging problems in ASR that can be patented, published in scientific literature, and re-used in other Nuance deployments

* Collaborate with other team members to conduct research and to collect & organize deployment data

* Follow developments in speech recognition to keep our research state of the art

* Document system development process and ensure reproducibility of delivered models

Required Skills:
* Strong analytical, diagnostic and organizational skills
* Experience in UNIX environment and understanding of languages such as C/C++, Perl and Python

Preferred Skills:
* Experience in speech recognition and/or large collaborative research environment is a plus
* Experience in acoustic modeling for speech recognition is a plus
* Interest in languages and/or linguistics is a plus

Education:
* Ph.D. or Master degree in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent

Applicants to send CV's to :  EMEAJobs at nuance.com<mailto:EMEAJobs at nuance.com>  please mention the job reference number

Any questions or concerns please come back to me.

Kind regards

Nicki Myddleton-Jones
EMEA - HR Senior Recruiter
+44 7818594250  Mobile
NUANCE.COM<http://www.nuance.com/>
The experience speaks for itself (tm)

Nuance Communications UK Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 04090152 and its registered address is St George's House, St George's Place, Twickenham, TW1 3NE.
This electronic transmission and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is transmitted for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any further distribution or copying is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, do not use it or disclose its contents and delete it from your system. Please note that Nuance cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure or error-free.