[Elsnet-list] [KI2013] Final Call for Workshops & Tutorials

Ingo J. Timm ingo.timm at uni-trier.de
Mon Mar 11 23:06:33 CET 2013

   KI 2013 From Research to Innovation and Practical Applications
   36th Annual Conference on Artificial Intelligence
   Koblenz, September 16-20, 2013
http://ki2013.uni-trier.de

   CALL FOR WORKSHOP AND TUTORIAL PROPOSALS

   Submission Deadline: 15.3.2013

---
About the Workshops
---

Together with the main conference, we plan to organize a small number
of high-quality workshops. We especially encourage workshop proposals,
which are organized by KI Special Groups (Fachgruppen), workshops
which bring together researchers from different special groups and
workshops which highlight emerging topics of AI research. Workshops
will be held on the first day of the conference. We are interested in
submissions of full-day (6 hours) and half-day (3 hours) workshops. They
should preferably be given in English.

A workshop proposal should cover the following aspects:

   (1) Introduction to and motivation of the workshop topic,
   (2) Name of organizers (and possibly of the organizing special group),
       Contact address,
   (3) program committee,
   (4) List of possible attendees,
   (5) Webpage of the workshop (after acceptance).

Workshop proposals should be submitted by email: ute.schmid at uni-bamberg.de

---
About the Tutorials
---

We aim at a small number of high-quality tutorials suitable for a large
percentage of conference participants, including graduate students as
well as experienced researchers and practitioners. The tutorials shall
cover innovative AI methodologies and technologies with potential for
research and application. We are interested
in submissions of full-day (6 hours) and half-day (3 hours) tutorials.
Tutorials should preferably be given in English.

A tutorial proposal should contain
    (1) Description of the topic
    (2) Intended audience
    (3) List of the tutors
    (4) Lenght of the tutorial
    (5) Provided material.

Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email:
juergen.sauer at uni-oldenburg.de

About the Main Conference

KI 2013 is the 36th edition of the German Conference on Artificial
Intelligence, which traditionally brings together academic and industrial
researchers from all areas of AI. The technical program of KI 2013 will
comprise paper and poster presentations and a variety of workshops
and tutorials.

KI 2013 will take place in Koblenz, Germany, September 16th-20th, 2013,
and is a premier forum for exchanging news and research results on
theory and applications of intelligent system technology. The conference
is organized by the Artificial Intelligence section of the German
Informatics
Society (GI e.V.) . KI 2013 is co-located with Informatik 2013 (Annual
Conference of the German Informatics Society), the 11th MATES 2013
(German Conference on Multi-Agent System Technologies), and the 4th
JAWS (Joint Agent Workshops in Synergy). The conference invites original
research papers from all areas of AI, its fundamentals, its algorithms, its
history and its applications.

For further information, please, refer to
http://ki2013.uni-trier.de

Conference chairs

Ute Schmid (Workshop Chair, Univ. Bamberg)
Jürgen Sauer (Tutorial Chair, Univ. Oldenburg)
Ingo J. Timm (General Chair, Univ. Trier)
Matthias Thimm (Local Chair, Univ. Koblenz-Landau)
Stefan Kirn (Industry Chair, Univ. Hohenheim)
Andreas D. Lattner (Doctoral Consortium Chair, Goethe-Univ. Frankfurt)

-----------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Ingo J. Timm
Business InformaticsI
University of Trier