[Elsnet-list] Last Call for Tutorials - Search Solutions 2013
udo at essex.ac.uk
Thu May 16 16:53:07 CEST 2013
** Deadline is 31st May 2013 @ 12noon **
Search Solutions is the BCS Information Retrieval Specialist Group’s
annual event focused on practitioner issues in the arena of search and
information retrieval. We invite proposals which focus on any area of
the practical application of search technologies to real world problems
- for the tutorial day due to take place the day before Search Solutions
Proposals for both full day (7 hours) and half day (3.5 hours) proposals
are invited. These will take place on Tuesday 26th November 2013.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted to the panel chair
(andym at city.ac.uk) by Friday 31st May 2013 @ 12noon, using the following
• Name of presenter(s): please list the names and affiliations of
• Contact details: email and snail mail address, phone numbers etc.
• Type of tutorial: half day or full day.
• Tutorial Abstract: for publicity.
• Target audience: please outline the practitioner audience to be addressed.
• Learning outcomes: what would the practitioners gain from attending
• Outline of tutorial: provide the overall structure and subjects to be
• Tutorial description: provide a detailed description of the tutorial
and its content.
• Tutorial logistics/materials: media and formats for tutorial. What
will be provided to attendees (e.g. slides).
• Bio of presenter(s): including track record of presenting tutorials,
lecturing experience etc. (200/300 words)
All tutorial proposals will be peer reviewed by the panel and approved
by the organising committee. The selection criteria will focus on the
quality of the tutorial content and the appropriateness of it to the
main theme of search solutions – namely practitioner issues.
Honorarium and other issues
Depending on the number of attendees, presenters will receive an
Honorarium. All travel and accommodation expenses must be met by the
presenters themselves. The organising committee of Search Solutions
reserve the right to cancel tutorials unless a minimum of four
participants have registered.
Dr A. MacFarlane, City University London (Chair) Prof. J. Tait,
johntait.net Ltd Dr M. Oakes, University of Sunderland
More information about the Elsnet-list