[Elsnet-list] Extended call for papers: SiMPE 2013 @ MobileHCI
rnitendra at in.ibm.com
Mon May 27 11:33:57 CEST 2013
Call for Papers
8th Workshop on Speech and Sound in Mobile and Pervasive Environments (in
conjunction with ACM Multimedia 2013)Munich, Germany
August 27, 2013
Topics of Interest
All areas that enable, optimize or enhance speech and sonic interactions
in mobile and pervasive environments and devices, including, but not
v Multimodal User Interfaces for Mobile Devices
v Interfaces combining Speech and Sound
v Robust Speech, Context, and Activity Recognition in Noisy and
v Memory/Energy Efficient Algorithms
v User Modeling
v Distributed Speech and Audio Processing
v Mobile Application Adaptation and Learning
v Speech- or Audio-based mobile games
v Speech Interfaces/Applications for Developing Regions
v Multilingual Speech Recognition
v Models of discourse and dialogue in mobile settings
v Dialogue management for mobile devices
v Protocols and Standards for Speech Applications
v Mobile Sound and Music Computing applications
v Sonic Interaction Design on mobile platforms
v New Interfaces for Mobile Musical Expressions
v 3D Sound, Mobile Navigation, and Interactive Sonification
v Protocols and Standards for Mobile Audio Applications
We seek original, unpublished papers in the following three categories:
(a) Position papers, (b) Early results or work-in-progress, or, (c) Full
Papers should be of 4-8 pages in length in the Multimedia publication
format. All submissions should be in PDF and should be submitted
electronically through the workshop submission website,
The best paper (extended if applicable) from the workshop will appear in a
special issue of the International Journal of Mobile Human Computer
For further information, contact: simpe13 at easychair.org.
At SiMPE 2013, we also invite submissions for interesting demos. Any
prototype or demos on the phone or a device are encouraged to for
submission. A 1-page description of the demonstration in the above format
is required by the submission deadline. The 1-page description should
provide specific details about the demo, the device and how this will be
presented at the workshop. If the authors need specific arrangements to be
made on the workshop day, please mention those as well. We also welcome
participation without paper submission.
Note: Since the workshop also aims to be a meeting point for researchers
working in this area, at least one author of accepted papers has to attend
the workshop to present their work, else the paper will not be included in
the final workshop proceedings. Participants who wish to attend the
workshop will have to register for the main conference as well.
For any comments regarding submissions and participation, contact
• rnitendra_AT_in_DOT_ibm_DOT_com, or
Ø Submission Deadline: May 31th, 2013 (11:59 PM Spain Time)
Ø Notification of Acceptance: June 10th, 2013
Ø Early Registration Deadline: TBA
Ø Workshop: 9:00AM -- 5:30PM, August 27th, 2013
Programme Committee (to be confirmed)
· Alex Acero, Microsoft, USA.
· Matthew Aylett, University of Edinburgh, UK.
· Stephen Barrass, University of Canberra, Australia.
· Frauke Behrendt, University of Brighton, UK.
· Jeff Blum, McGill University, Canada
· Peter Boda, Nokia Research Center, Finland.
· Lou Boves, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
· Stephen A. Brewster, University of Glasgow, UK.
· Andrew Crossan, University of Glasgow, UK.
· Georg Essl, University of Michigan, USA.
· Eve Hoggan, University of Helsinki, Finland.
· Nobuo Hataoka, Tohoku Institute of Technology, Japan
· Matt Jones, Swansea University, UK.
· Anirudha Joshi, IIT Bombay, India.
· Yoon Kim, Novauris Technologies, USA.
· Lars Bo Larsen, Aalborg University, Denmark.
· Victor Lazzarini, National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
· Michael McTear, University of Ulster, Ireland.
· Shrikanth S. Narayanan, USC, USA.
· Antonio M. Peinado, Universidad de Granada, Spain.
· Henri Penttinen, Aalto University, Finland.
· Mike Phillips, Vlingo, USA.
· Ian Pitt, University College Cork, Ireland.
· Stefan Sauer, Google, Germany.
· Atau Tanaka, Goldsmiths University of London, UK.
· Yolanda Vazquez-Alvarez, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
· Bruce N. Walker, Georgia Tech, USA.
· Ge Wang, Stanford University, USA.
· John Williamson, University of Glasgow, UK.
· Amit A. Nanavati, IBM Research, India.
· Nitendra Rajput, IBM Research, India.
· Cumhur Erkut, University of Eastern Finland, Finland.
· Antti Jylhä, University of Helsinki, Finland.
· Alexander I. Rudnicky, Carnegie Mellon University.
· Stefania Serafin, Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark.
· Markku Turunen, University of Tampere, Finland.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list