[Elsnet-list] CfP Special Session "User-centric Video Search and Hyperlinking" at ICMR'14

Maria Eskevich maria.eskevich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 17:51:47 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

Please consider submitting high quality papers to the following
special session at ICMR'14 in Glasgow, UK
(http://www.icmr2014.org/?page_id=307)

== User-centric Video Search and Hyperlinking ==

Recent years have seen extensive interest in video search focusing
on retrieval of visual shot level units, and linking of multimedia
documents clusters faces or other properties assuming someone wants
to group those documents. While there has been much progress in
developing methods for improved search effectiveness, this research
generally focuses on technical aspects of retrieval.

This special session will focus on video search from a user-centric
perspective and targets a real-world use-case scenario. We step
forward from the search of textual information or of the relevant
video content in response to a user search query, and focus on the
search through video content that is supported by the navigation
in the video collection using inter and cross-item hyperlinks. The
search and linking might be based on both spoken and visual content
targeting the diversity in the results to satisfy potential variety
of user interests.

User studies suggest users interests are multimodal in nature.
Successful search and hyperlinking to relevant content thus requires
creation and  exploitation of  multi-modal queries combining visual,
audio and textual features. This special session aims to bring
together researchers working on video search and hyperlinking to
find solutions for tasks motivated by real-world use-case scenarios.

We particularly encourage papers that present methods covering the
complete search and hyperlinking use-case across all content
modalities.

Ideal submissions will cover some or all of the following aspects
in a close connection to the search and hyperlinking use-case:

Automatic multi-modal query generation Models to identify video
segments that are usable for linking as source anchors and link
targets Methods for creation of effective links Evaluation of
user-centric search and hyperlinking User studies related to
search and hyperlinking scenarios

Organisation

* Maria Eskevich (Dublin City University, Ireland) meskevich at computing.dcu.ie
* Dr. Robin Aly (University of Twente, The Netherlands) r.aly at utwente.nl
* Dr. Roeland Ordelman (University of Twente, The Netherlands) roeland.ordelman at utwente.nl
* Dr. Gareth J.F. Jones (Dublin City University, Ireland) gjones at computing.dcu.ie
--
Maria Eskevich
PhD-student

http://nclt.computing.dcu.ie/~meskevich/
http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/maria-eskevich/17/520/741

tel (Ireland): +353  87 14 23 101
tel (Russia): + 7 921 915 52 54

e-mail: maria.eskevich at gmail.com,
           meskevich at computing.dcu.ie,
           maria.eskevich2 at mail.dcu.ie,
           maria.eskevich at yandex.ru

Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email! ;)

DCU Disclaimer: https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie/index.php?/News/NewsItem/View/37/dcu-email-disclaimer-information