[Elsnet-list] [Call for Hackathon Participation] 5th Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity, Sentiment and Social Media Analysis (WASSA 2014) @ACL 2014

Alexandra Balahur Dobrescu alexandra.balahur-dobrescu at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Tue Feb 4 11:33:06 CET 2014

/*Apologies for cross-postings
*/

/*

*/
/*

*/
5^th Workshop on Computational Approaches to /*

*/Subjectivity, Sentiment and Social Media Analysis (WASSA 2014)/*

*http://optima.jrc.it/wassa2014/*

**

*- Endorsed by SIGNLL and SIGSEM - ***

  Sentiment analysis systems hackathon

In the light of the fact that different sentiment analysis systems have
been proposed and showcased in the past years, we feel there is a
growing need to make other researchers and users familiar with these
systems and have them employ them for building an end application.

The Hackathon word stands for "Hacking Marathon", and its purpose is to
introduce some system and make users employ it to build an application
for a real-life task.

We would like to invite researchers who have a working prototype of
their system to announce their availability to participate in the WASSA
2014 Hackathon.

The systems can be oriented to the following tasks:

./The use of semantic resources and methods (knowledge bases, semantic
representations, inference mechanisms) for subjectivity, sentiment and
emotion analysis/

./Opinion retrieval, extraction, categorization, aggregation and
summarization/

./Trend detection in social media using subjectivity and sentiment
analysis techniques/

./Data linking through social networks based on affect-related NLP methods/

./Mass opinion estimation based on NLP and statistical models/

./Online reputation management/

./Subjectivity, sentiment and emotion detection in social networks /

./Classification of stance in dialogues/

./Subjectivity and sentiment analysis in social media /

To participate with a system or as a "hacker" of one of the
participating systems, please send an e-mail to:

Alexandra.Balahur at jrc.ec.europa.eu
<mailto:Alexandra.Balahur at jrc.ec.europa.eu>

In order to speed up the process, we will put the "hackers" in contact
with the system authors, so that the applications can be explored prior
to the WASSA 2014 workshop.

We will also invite papers describing the results of these experiments
as part of the final workshop.

We are looking forward to your participation!

On behalf of the WASSA 2014 Organizers,
Alexandra Balahur

--
*/Alexandra Balahur, PhD /*
Scientific/Technical Project Officer

European Commission Joint Research Centre
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen
GlobeSec, OPTIMA
Via E. Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra (VA), Italy
Tel.: 0039 0332 78 5808

/Disclaimer: "The views expressed are solely of the writer and may in no
case be seen as stating an official position of the European Commission."/