[Elsnet-list] February 2014 Newsletter – COLING 2014
sbpark at sejong.knu.ac.kr
Thu Feb 13 18:09:18 CET 2014
We apologize if you received multiple copies.
Dublin, Ireland, 23-29 August, 2014
COLING 2014 (http://www.coling-2014.org), the 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, will be organised by CNGL (Centre for Global Intelligent Content) at the Helix Convention Centre at Dublin City University (DCU) from 23-29 August 2014. The COLING conference is organised under the auspices of the International Committee on Computational Linguistics (ICCL).
Accepted Tutorials and Workshops
We are pleased to announce that the workshops and tutorials for COLING 2014 have been finalised. In total there will be 6 tutorials and 18 workshops covering a wide range of topics. You will be able to register for tutorials and workshops when the main conference registration opens.
• Dependency Parsing: Past, Present, and Future - Wenliang Chen, Zhenghua Li and Min Zhang
• Using Neural Networks for Modeling and Representing Natural Languages- Thomas Mikolov
• Multilingual Word Sense Disambiguation and Entity Linking - Roberto Navigli and Andrea Moro
• Selection Bias, Label Bias, and Bias in Ground Truth - Anders Søgaard, Barbara Plank and Dick Hovy
• Automated Grammatical Error Correction for Language Learners - Joel Tetreault and Claudia Leacock
• Biomedical/clinical NLP - Ozlem Uzuner and Meliha Yetisgen
• Workshop on Lexical and Grammatical Resources for Language Processing
• First Joint Workshop on Statistical Parsing of Morphologically Rich Languages and Syntactic Analysis of Non-Canonical Languages (SPMRL-SANCL)
• Celtic Language Technology Workshop (CLTW)
• 5th Workshop on South and Southeast Asian Natural Language Processing (WSSANLP)
• Synchronic and Diachronic Approaches to Analyzing Technical Language (SADAATL)
• The 3rd Workshop on Vision and Language (VL'14)
• Second Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Social Media (SocialNLP 2014)
• First Joint Workshop on Open Infrastructures for HLT Resource Processing and Development and Text Analysis Frameworks
• Cognitive Aspects of the Lexicon (CogALex-IV)
• Semantic Web and Information Extraction (SWAIE)
• VarDial: Workshop on Applying NLP Tools to Similar Languages, Varieties and Dialects (VarDial)
• SemEval-2014: Semantic Evaluation Exercises - International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval)
• The AHA!-Workshop on Information Discovery in Text (AHA!)
• CompuTerm 2014. 4th International Workshop on Computational Terminology (CompuTerm)
• The First Workshop on Computational Approaches to Compound Analysis (ComAComA)
• Automatic Text Simplification? Methods and Applications in the Multilingual Society (ATS-MA)
• The 8th Linguistic Annotation Workshop (The LAW VIII)
• The third Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics (*SEM-2014)
Call for Papers:
The first call for papers for the main conference is open. The paper submission system is now open at https://www.softconf.com/coling2014/main/. Papers should be prepared using the paper templates available here http://www.coling-2014.org/doc/coling2014.zip.
We invite authors to submit papers in all relevant areas and encourage authors to include analysis of the influence of theories (intuitions, methodologies, insights), to technologies (computational algorithms, methods, tools, data), and/or contributions of technologies to theory development. Contributions that display and rigorously discuss future potential, even if not (yet) attested in standard evaluation, are welcome. For more information and instructions for authors see the preliminary call for papers here http://www.coling-2014.org/call-for-papers.php.
Sponsorship and Promotion Opportunities
With the tremendous impact and growth of COLING over many years, we have set out a comprehensive offering of corporate sponsorship and support opportunities for industry participants. The COLING 2014 organising committee is committed to working in close partnership with corporate supporters to maximise the benefits of sponsorship and provide opportunities for sponsors to engage appropriately with COLING delegates. With this in mind, if you wish to explore additional options for support or means of engagement with the COLING 2014 community please feel free to contact sponsorship at coling-2014.org.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list