[Elsnet-list] Job opportunities at Audio Analytic

Sacha Krstulovic sacha.krstulovic at audioanalytic.com
Wed Jan 15 13:58:16 CET 2014

Audio Analytic, the emerging leader in sound recognition and
categorisation based in Cambridge (UK), is currently looking to
recruit TWO ENGINEERS for the following position, starting
as soon as possible:

* FULL-TIME ANALYTICS SYSTEM ENGINEER

Job Ref: AA-SysEng-Full-Time

Audio Analytic is the emerging leader in sound recognition and
categorisation based in Cambridge (UK). Our software is at the
cutting edge of security capabilities and is used by a host of
world leading security equipment manufacturers to automatically
analyse sound and detect security threats, such as when someone
becomes aggressive or when a glass window is broken while trying
to gain entry to a building.

Audio Analytic engineers work with High Performance Super
Computer Clusters
(http://www.core-advantage.org/case-studies/audio-analytic/) and
local server systems to process the vast amounts of audio data we
collect to create our sound recognition systems. This data comes
from many sources including regular recording campaigns where we
break every type of glass, fire lots of guns, encourage people to
get aggressive into a microphone and lots more.

We are looking for people who thrive as part of a dedicated and
innovative team, love tough challenges, and are passionate about
audio/sound.

Responsibilities

. As part of our engineering team, you will contribute to the field
testing, system development and data collections to push
the limits of our unique sound recognition system.
. Responsibilities include collecting testing and training data
in the field, identifying and reporting the limitations of
the system and managing the training process of sound
recognition systems based on machine learning methods.

Technical Skills Must have experience, at least 2 years
commercial experience or a masters/PhD in a related subject.

Required:
. Interest in audio signal processing (electronic music, studio
  recording, digital audio effects, production of general sound
  effects, sampling) a plus but not a requirement.
. C/C++ coding and code optimisation
. Interest in Machine Learning
. Scripting: perl, bash, python
. Development under Linux/Unix mandatory, Windows optional

Desirable:
. Hardware design knowledge a plus but not a requirement.
. Open source experience a plus but not a requirement.

General Skills

. Good communication skills.
. Excellent problem-solving skills.
. Enjoy working as a member of a team and using their own
  initiative.
. Self-confident and highly motivated.
. Ability to deal confidently with a variety of people at all
  levels.
. Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines.
. Good organisational skills.
. Good standard of written and spoken English.

Pay

This is a great opportunity to join a successful company with a
huge potential for growth. The successful candidate will be
compensated with an attractive package appropriate to
qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary
and stock options.

How to Apply

For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send
a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference
AA-SysEng-Full-Time to jobs_(at)_audioanalytic.com. Please note it is
company policy not to accept job applications from recruitment
consultants.

Best regards,

- Sacha K.

--
Dr. Sacha Krstulović - Lead Research Engineer
Audio Analytic Ltd.

Tel.              +44  1223 909 305
Fax.             +44  1223 750 329

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Audio Analytic Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.