[Elsnet-list] Vienna Summer of Logic Announcement
geoff at cs.miami.edu
Wed Jan 29 14:24:28 CET 2014
**Vienna Summer of Logic Announcement**
In the summer of 2014, Vienna will host the largest event in the history of
logic. The Vienna Summer of Logic (VSL) will consist of twelve large
conferences and numerous workshops, attracting an expected number of 2500
researchers from all over the world.
The conferences and workshops will deal with the main theme, logic, from
three important aspects: logic in computer science, mathematical logic and
logic in artificial intelligence.
This unique event will be organized by the Kurt Goedel Society at Vienna
University of Technology from July 9 to 24, 2014 (see website for more
The VSL keynote speakers are Franz Baader (Technische Universitaet Dresden),
Edmund Clarke (Carnegie Mellon University), Christos Papadimitriou (University
of California, Berkeley) and Alex Wilkie (University of Manchester).
Dana Scott (Carnegie Mellon University) will speak in the opening session.
*Logic in Computer Science / Federated Logic Conference (FLoC)*
- 26th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV)
- 27th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Symposium (CSF)
- 30th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP)
- 7th International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR)
- 5th Conference on Interactive Theorem Proving (ITP)
- Joint meeting of the 23rd EACSL Annual Conference on Computer Science Logic
(CSL) and the 29th ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS)
- 25th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA)
joint with the 12th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and
- 17th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability
- FLoC Workshops
- FLoC Olympic Games (System Competitions)
- Logic Colloquium 2014
- Logic, Algebra and Truth Degrees 2014
- The Infinity Workshop
- Kurt Goedel Fellowship Competition
*Logic in Artificial Intelligence*
- 14th International Conference on Principles of Knowledge Representation and
- 27th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL)
- 15th International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR)
- International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Health Care 2014
*Kurt Goedel Research Prize Fellowship Competition*
At the Vienna Summer of Logic, the Kurt Goedel Society will award three
fellowship prizes endowed with 100.000 Euro each to the winners of the Kurt
Goedel Research Prize Fellowship Competition "Logical Mind: Connecting
Foundations and Technology."
*FLoC Olympic Games - Citius, Maius, Potentius*
The Federated Logic Conference (FLoC) 2014 will host the 1st FLoC Olympic
Games. Intended as a new FLoC tradition, the Games will bring together a
multitude of established solver competitions by different research communities.
In addition to the competitions, the Olympic Games will facilitate the exchange
of expertise between communities, and increase the visibility and impact of
state-of-the-art solver technology. The winners in the competition categories
will be awarded Kurt Goedel medals at the FLoC Olympic Games award ceremonies.
More information about the Elsnet-list