[Elsnet-list] CfP: NAACL-HLT 2015 Student Research Workshop (SRW)
uvgotsaif at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:49:28 CET 2014
NAACL-HLT 2015 Student Research Workshop (SRW)
Call for Papers
Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/site/naaclsrw2015/home/
The SRW workshop will be held in conjunction with NAACL HLT 2015 in Denver,
General Invitation for Submission
The Student Research Workshop provides a venue for student researchers to
present their work in computational linguistics and natural language
processing. Students receive feedback from the general conference audience
as well as from mentors specifically assigned according to the topic of
We invite papers in three different categories:
1. Thesis Proposals. This category is appropriate for advanced students who
have decided on a thesis topic and wish to get feedback on their proposal
and broader ideas for their continuing work.
2. Research Papers. Papers in this category can describe completed work, or
work in progress with preliminary results. For these papers, the first
author must be a current graduate student.
3. Special undergraduate track. In order to encourage undergraduate
research, we are offering a special track for research papers where the
first author is an undergraduate student.
Topics of interest for the SRW are the same as NAACL main conference.
Benefits of participation
* All accepted papers will be presented in the main conference poster
session giving students an opportunity to interact with and present their
work to a large and diverse audience, including top researchers in the
* All accepted papers (thesis, research, undergraduate) will be published
in the NAACL 2015 SRW Proceedings.
* Each participant is also assigned a mentor – an experienced researcher –
who can provide valuable advice.
* Additional feedback is being planned for thesis proposals.
All research papers should follow the two-column format of the NAACL HLT
2015 proceedings. All papers will have a maximum limit of 6 pages for
content, with additional pages for references.
Submissions must conform to the specifications of NAACL HLT 2015 call for
papers regarding multiple submissions and preparing papers for the
double-blind review process. Papers which do not conform to these
specifications will be rejected.
Grants from the NSF and corporate sponsors will be available to offset some
portion of the students' conference registration, travel and accommodation
expenses. Further details will be posted soon.
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59 pm (PST/GMT -8 hours)
* Papers must be submitted by February 12, 2015.
* Acceptance notification deadline: TBD
* NAACL main conference dates: May 31 – June 5, 2015
Please check this site for updated timelines as further information becomes
The co-chairs of the workshop can be contacted by email at:
naacl-srw-2015 at googlegroups.com<mailto:naacl-srw-2015 at googlegroups.com>
· Shibamouli Lahiri, University of Michigan
· Karen Mazidi, University of North Texas
· Alisa Zhila, Instituto Politécnico Nacional
· Diana Inkpen, University of Ottawa
· Smaranda Muresan, Columbia University
Information and Communications Technologies Portfolio
National Research Council Canada
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list