[Elsnet-list] 2-year positions on distant-mic ASR
emmanuel.vincent at inria.fr
Thu Nov 13 11:59:24 CET 2014
We are offering two positions on distant-mic ASR in the context of a
large-scale R&D project on voice control of home appliances involving 5
companies and 3 academic labs.
Successful candidates will perform research on state-of-the-art acoustic
models and contribute to transfer their ideas into a commercial ASR product.
* Research engineer (ideal start: Jan/Feb 2015 - duration: 2 years)
- collaborate with a speech company on the DNN acoustic model setup
- assess various multicondition training and speaker adaptation
strategies for reverberant and noisy speech
- design improved confidence measures
* Postdoc (ideal start: Apr 2015 - duration: 2 years)
- explore adaptation of DNNs to the reverberation conditions
- explore adaptation of DNNs to noise by uncertainty propagation
- design improved uncertainty estimators
Salary: 2600 to 3300 €/month gross depending on experience, plus free
health insurance and additional benefits
- PhD on speech processing, machine learning, audio signal processing,
or applied statistics
- proficient programming in C++, shell, Matlab/Python
- optional experience with Kaldi or another ASR software
To apply: send a CV, a motivation letter, a list of publications, and
one or more recommendation letters to emmanuel.vincent at inria.fr and
irina.illina at loria.fr.
Applications will be assessed on a continuous basis until Dec 12. Please
apply as soon as possible before that date.
 M. Ravanelli, M. Omologo, "On the selection of the impulse responses
for distant-speech recognition based on contaminated speech training",
in Proc. Interspeech, 2014.
 B. Dumortier, E. Vincent, "Blind RT60 estimation robust across room
sizes and source distances", in Proc. ICASSP, 2014.
 M.L. Seltzer, D. Yu, Y. Wang, "An investigation of noise robustness
of deep neural networks," in Proc. ICASSP, 2013.
 B. Li, K.C. Sim, "An ideal hidden-activation mask for deep neural
networks based noise-robust speech recognition," in Proc. ICASSP, 2014.
 D.T. Tran, E. Vincent, D. Jouvet, “Fusion of multiple uncertainty
estimators and propagators for noise robust ASR”, in Proc. ICASSP, 2014.
Inria Nancy - Grand Est
615 rue du Jardin Botanique, 54600 Villers-lès-Nancy, France
Phone: +33 3 8359 3083 - Fax: +33 3 8327 8319
More information about the Elsnet-list